I often have emails forwarded to me with cute, humorous or inspirational quotes or stories. The one I received this morning from another grandma who is a colleague at work is my favorite for a long time. Being a Grandma is truly my sweetest role in life. I love it when I go to see my boys (Tyson, Kaleb and Tyler) play ball of all sorts, and when Korbin sits on my lap during the games, chattering so much that I have a hard time watching. It is very special to me that Tyson is not embarrassed to give his grandma a hug in front of his teamates, and that Kaleb smiles win or lose. I cried as I watched Tyler in Special Olympics this year. I love it when Carson calls me and sometimes talks a lot, and sometimes just breathes into the phone. Both are precious to me beyond words. I love it when Kaitlyn and Brayden give me special smiles when I come to see them in programs, and when they tell me all about their lives when they visit. I love how Colin races to give me a hug when he sees me. I love it that our grownup Kyle still wants to go to the movie with me, or when Courtney calls me to tell me something. Having teenage grandchildren is fun! I love it when Ryan crawls to my lap and gives me his sweet smile. I love to see Cameron's creations and look forward to when he is a famous inventor or engineer. I waited for our sweet red-haired Kailey, who is as pretty as I knew a red-haired grandchild would be. I now anxiously await our newest grandaughter who will soon make her arrival and take her place in my heart. I find that as more and more grandchildren arrive, my capacity to love them increases and increases.
I have been priveleged to have grandchildren share some secrets with me as the below poem describes, and since these kids are truly my greatest joy in life, I had to share this with you. You parents, I will never tell the precious secrets that have been shared! :) And you grandchildren, every word of this is true. I love you and am proud of you always!
What Is a Grandma?
A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes. She is someone you can tell your secrets and worries to, and she hopes and prays that all your dreams come true. She always loves you, no matter what. She can see past temper tantrums and bad moods, and makes it clear that they don't affect how precious you are to her. She is an encouraging word and a tender touch. She is full of proud smiles. She is the one person in the world who loves you with all her heart, who remembers the child you were and cherishes the person you've become. ~Barbara Cage~
No comments:
Post a Comment