9/20/2008

Fall is Upon Us

As I was walking across BYU campus yesterday, I noticed that the leaves are starting to turn. You can see that the mountains are turning red and brown, and some of the trees on campus are turning too. This all happened this week! I think I missed most of August after my surgery, and it snuck up on me this year. I love fall and the change of seasons. The weather is perfect right now, 70s and 80s. Fall brings back to school, which is always SO BUSY for me, football (go BYU), soccer and softball games and nice evenings. We have birthdays for Ron, Colin and Tyson, and this year we were late taking Brayden out, so got to enjoy him too. Then the holidays are never far behind. I need to remember to take more time to look and enjoy the beauty before us. I do find that as I get older, I appreciate all of these pleasures more than I used to. I guess getting old does bring some wisdom!

No comments: